Congratulations on your engagement! Choosing the right officiant is an important part of the wedding planning process. I'm a Portland, OR based interfaith minister who has specialized in custom wedding ceremonies and vow renewals in Oregon and Washington since 2002. In that time I have officiated more than 160 weddings. I hope I will have the honor of working with you.
What I Do:
- Do my best for every couple regardless of gender makeup, religion, or lack of religion
- Welcome ceremonies submitted or customized by the couple--it’s your wedding and it should speak to you and about you
- Travel to the location of your choice for meetings and the ceremony
- Make myself available via email, text, and phone during the entire process, especially if you live outside of the Portland area
- File all of the official paperwork afterward, usually on the first business day after the wedding
- Provide a backup person if an emergency should prevent my attendance (though I have never missed a wedding)
- Wear costumes for theme weddings
- Provide a contract to clearly define expectations
I offer extensive pre-written options or can write something new to fit your needs and vision. Call, text, or email me to discuss your ideas.